Node-RED is used for the intent handling in our project. Node-RED is described as flow-base visual programming as a part of the Internet of Things.
- Node Red is super powerful and flexible
- Easy to install with an installation script
- Can be secured with password so that the user only will have access on it
- Has numerous nodes that offer applications in various fields
- Has a large community behind it
- Own nodes can be developed and used without having to publish them.
- Flows can be easily shared to others by Node-REDs export function
- Pre-installed packages to control Raspberry PI GPIO pins
- Possibility to install a UI dashboard to trigger actions in the browser with switches and buttons.
- The system sometimes crashes when different nodes are installed that get in each other’s way
Node-RED is more advantageous to the developers in comparison to its disadvantages. As a flow based programming language, Node-RED allows a good visualisation and extendable with nodes from the community. The big community behind it helps users to get answers to their needs.
In our eyes, Node-RED is a very powerful tool that is easy and quick to use even for inexperienced users.