HLC (Hermes LED Control) is a tool, that subscribes various topics, to react with visual effects on the ReSpeaker. For example if a Wake Word is detected HLC will trigger a LED effect to show the user that rhasspy listens for a command.
HLC is originally from project alice you can install it with a script from Psychokiller1888. We edited this script so we only use the version v2.0.10. The newer version does not work as expected. Our version you can find here.
sudo chmod +x hlc_download.sh
Answer the questions like following:
- What assistant engine are you using? Enter 2 for rhasspy
- What’s the path to your assistant config file? Type in your path to your profile.json. The default path is this:
- What device do you wish to control with SLC? Enter 2 for respeaker4
- What pattern do you want to use? Choose your preferred Led pattern. For example 1 for google
- Do you need to install / configure your respeaker4? Enter 2 for no
Later you will configure Rhasspy to work with Hermes Led Control.